Big Ten lunch links
September, 27, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
A lunch links shout-out to my local Division III team, North Park, which is 3-0 for the first time since 2005. Kudos to coach Scott Pethel and the Vikings!
- Coaches Bo Pelini and Bret Bielema take different approaches to the Nebraska-Wisconsin hoopla. Heisman Trophy candidates Russell Wilson and Taylor Martinez share the stage Saturday .
- The Sea of Red is coming to Madison. Huskers defensive backs Corey Cooper and Daimion Stafford move up the depth chart. Barry Alvarez built Wisconsin's program in Nebraska's image, Lee Barfknecht writes.
- Big Ten coaches rally behind their colleague Jerry Kill, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press. Kill should heal himself before fixing his team, Chip Scoggins writes in the Star Tribune.
- Indiana assistant Mike Ekeler calls the team's latest defensive effort "an embarrassment."
- Big Ten play should provide a clearer picture of Ohio State. Not surprisingly Braxton Miller is listed as the Buckeyes' clear-cut starter at quarterback.
- Illinois lefttackle Jeff Allen won't face further penalties after being ejected from last Saturday's game.
- Don't read too much into Michigan State's sparkling defensive stats. Although Mark Dantonio put a gag order on his players this week, the Ohio natives on the roster can't wait to play in Columbus.
- Northwestern quarterback Dan Persa returns this week, but how much will he play?
- Penn State's secondary will soon be put to the test.
- After narrowly beating UMass last year, Michigan is giving the Minutemen another shot. Denard Robinson isn't the only problem with Michigan's passing game.