Big Ten lunchtime links
September, 28, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I think I need to see that Steve Bartman play one more time ...
- Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez has grown comfortable playing on the road. Jared Crick is motivated to perform after sitting out last week.
- Sports Illustrated profiles the Wisconsin offensive line. This could be merely Round 1 of Huskers-Badgers. Wisconsin's biggest threat is the Nebraska running game. Madison is bracing for the Sea of Red.
- Michigan State still seeks an elusive win over Ohio State. Kirk Cousins hopes to find his rhythm earlier in games.
- The rugged October schedule will make or break Ohio State. Jordan Hall went from being suspended to being named a team captain in just a couple of weeks.
- Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison still sees a lot of areas that need fixing. One area where the Wolverines are perfect: the red zone.
- Minnesota is doing its best to keep things normal in an otherwise difficult situation. MarQueis Gray and Denard Robinson share some similar traits.
- Fans seem to be taking a wait-and-see approach toward Illinois. Vic Koenning is preparing for both Dan Persa and Kain Colter.
- Colter won't stay on Northwestern's bench, regardless of Persa's role this week.
- Forget the quarterbacks. Penn State needs to get its running game going. ACL injuries run in Michael Mauti's family.
- Indiana running back Darius Willis' career is pretty much over because of injuries.
- Purdue's defensive focus this week will be on stopping Notre Dame star receiver Michael Floyd.
- Iowa is looking for a quarterback on the recruiting trail. It's better late than never for Hawkeyes safety Jordan Bernstine.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g