Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 10, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
"Was this you? What happened?"
- Michigan State's defense will bring a ton of confidence into this week's game. It's the Spartans' offense that needs to pick things up.
- Jordan Kovacs continues to be the guy who sparks Michigan's defense. The Wolverines' next mission: snapping a three-game losing streak to Michigan State. East Lansing will provide much more of a road test than Evanston did.
- Ohio State's quarterback situation is a major problem if Braxton Miller must miss more time. But if he's healthy, the Buckeyes think they can actually generate a decent offensive attack.
- A.J. Jenkins is playing like a superstar but still gives his coaches some headaches. Ron Zook admits he messed up a decision.
- Does Iowa have an identity problem? Penn State had the revenge factor going for it last week; the Hawkeyes have the same thing this week against Northwestern.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald says he'll reevaluate what the team is doing after another tough loss.
- Gerald Hodges played a big role in Penn State's blitzing of Iowa. The Nittany Lions earned good grades during the win. Joe Paterno said Al Davis once tried to hire him.
- Purdue got back to basics in its defensive scheme against Minnesota, though things are only going to get tougher from here.
- Depth will be critical for Wisconsin's injury-plagued defense. Beau Allen has given the Badgers a boost on the defensive line.
- Reviewing Indiana's loss to Illinois (subscription required).
- Jerry Kill wants to stay positive, especially with his younger players, as Minnesota rebuilds.
- Tim Beck and Taylor Martinez enjoyed their night of atonement against Ohio State. Reviewing the Huskers' season-saving win.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g