Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 19, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Please join my (lunchtime) linked-in network:
- Mark Dantonio has to suspend William Gholston, Michael Rosenberg says. Circling the wagons is nothing new for college football coaches, John Niyo writes. The Spartans will get emotional for the Wisconsin game.
- Michigan State's heavy pressure could open up some opportunities for Russell Wilson and the Wisconsin offense. The Badgers' offensive line must be ready for the pressure.
- Matt McGloin could again help Joe Paterno achieve a coaching milestone. Silas Redd's recent heavy workload is becoming a concern. Police recovered some stolen Penn State rings.
- Purdue corner Ricardo Allen is cramming to prepare for Illinois receiver A.J. Jenkins.
- Illinois receivers are experiencing some tougher practices after a series of drops last week. Don't blame Ron Zook for his late-game management against Ohio State, Loren Tate says.
- Iowa is dealing with some injuries on defense, including linebackers James Morris and Tyler Nielsen, but hopes to get guys back for this week's game.
- Indiana could use Gunner Kiel or some other top-flight quarterback now (subscription required).
- MarQueis Gray's short-term memory could serve him well as he tries to improve as Minnesota's quarterback.
- Replacing Jared Crick will be a group effort for Nebraska. Ameer Abdullah has shown special ability as a special-teams performer.
- Seven deadly sins Brady Hoke says Michigan committed in its first loss of the season. The Wolverines would like to pick up one more offensive lineman in this recruiting class.
- Ohio State will look inward during its bye week. Luke Fickell says experience will make Braxton Miller a more polished passer.