Big Ten lunch links
September, 15, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Follow me on Twitter during the Big Ten coaches teleconference, which begins right now.
Please begin reading.
- USC's Matt Barkley got most of the attention Saturday, but another freshman quarterback, Tate Forcier, was the bigger star, colleague Bruce Feldman writes.
- Those calling for heads to roll at Ohio State need a reality check, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Ohio State's loss is another blow for the Big Ten, Chris Dufresne writes in the Los Angeles Times.
- Penn State seems to be condensing its offensive playbook so far this year, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Indiana athletic director Fred Glass laments an inappropriate commercial mocking officials that aired during the Western Michigan game, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- It will be odd for Michigan defenders to face their former coordinator, Ron English, this week, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Forcier is Mr. Popular in Ann Arbor these days, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Northwestern might have overprepared for its game against Eastern Michigan, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Michigan State needs a bit more clarity after a crushing loss, Steve Grinczel writes.
- Iowa's offensive line finally appears to be in place for the Arizona game.
- Purdue wideout Aaron Valentin did it all for his team against Oregon, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Juice Williams will be back for Illinois against Ohio State in two weeks, but the status for both Mikel LeShoure and Ashante Williams remains up in the air, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19