Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 4, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Scanning the web so you don't have to ...
- A history of the Blackshirts tradition at Nebraska, and how Bo Pelini has put his own stamp on that tradition. Lance Thorell continues the tradition of former eight-man football players who have earned the Blackshirts.
- Faith has guided Kirk Cousins' life, and the Michigan State quarterback idolizes Tim Tebow. The Spartans are wary of the mobility shown by Minnesota quarterback MarQueis Gray.
- The Wisconsin offensive line is facing some rare criticism after the Ohio State performance. Badgers defensive backs take the blame for the two plays that got them beat the past two weeks.
- The blitz bothered James Vandenberg last week, and the Iowa quarterback has to be more ready for it this week. The Hawkeyes's defense had better get better.
- Michigan needs J.T. Floyd to help stabilize a secondary in flux. The Wolverines will have to deal with a hostile road environment in Iowa City.
- Duane Bennett makes a lot of subtle contributions to Minnesota.
- Kofi Hughes has become Indiana's No. 1 receiver, almost by default (subscription required). Stephen Houston took a winding road to Bloomington but is happy with the Hoosiers.
- Ohio State fullback Zach Boren would love to try his hand at linebacker. Dan Herron's emotional return has given the Buckeyes a spark.
- Purdue will take on the underdog role on the road to Wisconsin.
- Northwestern hopes this weekend ends better than the last time it played Nebraska.
- Things aren't as bad as they seem for Illinois, Lauren Tate writes.
- Penn State fullback Joe Suhey might not be available for the team's final three regular-season games.