Big Ten helmet stickers: Week 10
November, 5, 2011
It's time to highlight the best and the brightest from Week 10 in the Big Ten:
- Ohio State's offensive backfield: Quarterback Braxton Miller (14 carries, 105 yards, two touchdowns) and tailbacks Dan Herron (14 carries, 141 yards and a touchdown) and Carlos Hyde (15 carries for 105 yards and a score) were the three horsemen of the apocalypse against Indiana. It was the first time three Buckeyes players ran for 100 yards in the same game since 1989, when Scottie Graham, Carlos Snow and Dante Lee did so against Northwestern. And Ohio State needed almost all of it to hold off the Hoosiers.
- Wisconsin RB Montee Ball: Just call him "Moneyball." Ball's incredible season reached new heights against Purdue as he ran for a career-high 224 yards on just 20 carries in a little more than two quarters of work. He also scored three more touchdowns, giving him a school-record 24 on the season. Ball needs just three more this season to break the Big Ten single-season touchdown mark.
- Northwestern QB Kain Colter: After Dan Persa left the game with an apparent left shoulder injury, Colter led the way to a stunning 28-25 upset at Nebraska. Colter completed 4 of 6 passes for 115 yards and a touchdown, ran 17 times for 58 yards and two scores and caught three passes for 57 yards. Special mention also goes to the Wildcats' offensive line, which paved the way for 209 rushing yards against the newly minted Blackshirts defense
- Iowa RB Marcus Coker: The Big Ten's leading rusher had his fourth straight game of at least 124 yards. He carried 29 times for 132 yards and two touchdowns in the 24-16 win over Michigan.
- Iowa DE Broderick Binns: The senior had his biggest performance of the season at the perfect time as Iowa contained Michigan and Denard Robinson. Binns was in Robinson's face all game, recording three knockdowns, a sack and two tackles for loss..
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State