Big Ten lunch links
November, 17, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
I sleep clown.
- Police say they have no record of former Penn State assistant Mike McQueary reporting an alleged sexual assault by Jerry Sandusky. McQueary has become one of the main figures in the scandal, Sara Ganim writes.
- A lawyer representing an alleged Sandusky victim says his client will testify about the abuse he endured.
- A posting on an Internet forum helped investigators in the Sandusky case, Jo Becker writes.
- Penn State's trustees won't escape scrutiny in the school's internal review of the sex-abuse scandal .
- Doug Lesmerises examines the complicated return of WR DeVier Posey to Ohio State. Ohio State president Gordon Gee called AD Gene Smith a "role model" in a recent performance evaluation.
- Better communication has helped Michigan's defense make strides this year. Former Wolverines recruit Demar Dorsey tries to capitalize on a second chance.
- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio isn't rooting for Michigan because he doesn't have to, Jamie Samuelsen writes. Safety Trenton Robinson has evolved into a team leader for the Spartans.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 12.
- Purdue AD Morgan Burke admits there's no rhyme or reason for the Purdue-Iowa crossover series other than every team needed one.
- Bob Flounders looks back at another strange week for Penn State's football team.
- Rick Morrissey writes that Ron Zook's track record at Illinois indicates it's time for a change. Illinois has been up and down, but does it mean the end for Zook?
- Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson deserves to be back in the Heisman Trophy mix, Tom Mulhern writes. Badgers DE David Gilbert likely will seek a medical hardship waiver, Jeff Potrykus writes.
- Nebraska's banged-up offensive line knows this is no time to complain about pain. Brett Maher's success as the Huskers' do-it-all specialist is no surprise to his mentor.
- Saturday marks a reunion of sorts for Northwestern and Minnesota players from Chicago, Tina Akouris writes.
- Barry Alvarez sees hope for Minnesota. Patrick Reusse wonders which Minnesota football team becomes competitive again first: Vikings or Gophers?
- Rivals.com's David Fox previews Week 12 in the Big Ten.
- Some good news for Iowa on the recruiting trail. RB Mika'il McCall's medical hardship case with the Hawkeyes is a bit complicated.
- Indiana adds a juco cornerback. Hoosiers coach Kevin Wilson has some connections on the opposite sideline Saturday.
- The Big Ten will have a bunch of bowl teams, but it doesn't mean the league is strong, Nick Baumgardner writes.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41