Penn State-Ohio State pregame
November, 19, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A few pregame notes from Ohio Stadium, where Penn State and Ohio State will kick off in a bit.
- Penn State running back Silas Redd (collarbone) didn't look limited during warmups, but he wasn't getting hit. It'll be interesting to see if the Lions will give Stephfon Green more carries again since Redd has been banged up the last few weeks.
- Ohio State right tackle J.B. Shugarts warmed up with the first-team offensive line. How much will he play after dealing with a knee injury?
- Defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins and wide receiver Corey Brown, also injury question marks, warmed up for the Buckeyes. Linebacker Andrew Sweat isn't dressed for the game.
- Penn State acting athletic director Dave Joyner met with local media before the game. He said he and president Rodney Erickson will handle the coaching search and are forming a search committee. He also said he's open to becoming the school's permanent AD.
- Penn State stayed on the field long after Ohio State for warmups. The Buckeyes had to prepare for the Senior Day celebration, but the Lions got in some extra work.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41