Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 9, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
"These are the Black Eyed Peas. And I finally kill them. It’s a Christmas miracle.”
- Illinois hopes Tim Beckman is the right man to lead its program. Mike Thomas is relying on a bit of an unknown for his next football coach.
- Ohio State got a waiver from the NCAA to have two coaching staffs. The Buckeyes have hired Iowa State offensive coordinator Tom Herman.
- A majority of Pennsylvania voters approve of the firing of Joe Paterno. Interim coach Tom Bradley is expected to interview for the Penn State job soon. There's room for academics and athletics to share the spotlight at Penn State, Jeff Rice writes.
- Indiana lost its co-offensive coordinator to RichRod and Arizona.
- Iowa may end up with the best recruiting haul from Chicago this year.
- Michigan's David Molk was named the nation's top center.
- Michigan State has to worry about holding on to star recruit Se'Von Pittman now that Urban Meyer is on the trail.
- Minnesota is battling West Virginia for a local tight end prospect.
- Nebraska got a little feisty at bowl practice, without its head coach or defensive coordinator around. Carl Pelini's exit was bittersweet for the Huskers players.
- Looking at Silver Football finalist Russell Wilson. Montee Ball earned his way to New York City Saturday night.