Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 21, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
For links on the Ohio State/NCAA situation, see our earlier post. Now, zipping around the rest of the Big Ten ...
- Illinois is getting low on running back options for the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. The coaching transition makes for a weird time around the Illini.
- Defensive line coach Rick Kaczenski left Iowa, and all signs point toward him taking the same job at Nebraska. Tom Osborne believes Bo Pelini will stay put in Lincoln.
- Bobby Bowden said he would have done more than Joe Paterno to stop Jerry Sandusky. It's a bittersweet birthday for JoePa. Should Penn State change its name?
- The Marcus Coker suspension is all too familiar for Iowa. Kirk Ferentz made a statement with his statement about staying.
- Al Borges says the Michigan offense has a lot more it can do next year. Fitz Toussaint got better and better as the year went along.
- Michigan State players got a special helmet to mark their win over Michigan this season. Isaiah Lewis has moved past his Big Ten title game mistake, and he has the full support of his coach. The Spartans are finding it hard to duplicate Georgia's size in their bowl rep.
- Two more Purdue players got in trouble and could miss the Little Caesars Bowl game.
- Wisconsin's Paul Chryst made a very good impression at Pitt but still looks like the second choice in that coaching search.