Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 25, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Have you considered cutting the entire fire department? I have personally put out several local fires, at no cost to the taxpayer.
- Thousands flocked to the viewing for Joe Paterno at Penn State. Bill O'Brien moved into his Penn State office and is hoping the program can move on. A Q&A with O'Brien. Recruit Akeel Lynch should bring maturity to the Nittany Lions.
- Developing a quarterback is the No. 1 job for new Wisconsin offensive coordinator Matt Canada. Wisconsin released a report alleging sexual misconduct by an associate athletic director during a Rose Bowl party.
- Nebraska picked up an offensive lineman and remains in the mix for some other prospects as signing day approaches. There's no rest for Marcel Jones as he prepares for the NFL draft.
- Indiana picked up a Florida slot receiver who at one time had scholarship offers from lots of big-name schools (subscription required).
- Michigan is hoping to land star cornerback and former Penn State commit Armani Reeves. Mike Martin drew some praise for his Senior Bowl practice performance, including a shoving match with Ohio State's Mike Brewster.
- Michigan State unveiled new proposed scoreboards for Spartan Stadium, which could be approved Friday.
- The city of Minneapolis is no longer a strong pipeline of college football talent for the Gophers.
- Ohio State's Mike Adams brings big dreams to the Senior Bowl.
- This Senior Bowl notebook has some nice things to say about Iowa's Marvin McNutt.
- Athlon has five Big Ten teams in its early 2012 Top 25.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g