Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 27, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
- Thursday's memorial service was the first step in restoring Joe Paterno's legacy, Gene Collier writes. Phil Knight delivered some pointed remarks during the ceremony. Where does Penn State go now? The Nittany Lions are making a late push for a New York star.
- Already maxed out on scholarships -- thanks in part to NCAA-mandated reductions -- Ohio State has some decisions to make in the final days of recruiting.
- Michigan missed out on elite offensive lineman Josh Garnett, who chose Stanford instead. The Wolverines are still focused on bolstering the O-line in this class.
- Michigan State is raising its football ticket prices. The Spartans could also reduce the number of student tickets at Spartan Stadium.
- Purdue has hired a consulting firm to help increase ticket sales.
- An in-state receiver who decommitted and then recommitted to Minnesota is predicting big things for the Gophers. The NFL isn't happy with the idea of the Vikings playing at TCF Bank Stadium.
- Nebraska picked up a Georgia running back on the recruiting front.
- Former Nebraska assistant Mike Ekeler is finding recruiting to be a little different in his current job as defensive coordinator at Indiana.
- Iowa's Marvin McNutt is working his way toward the NFL.
- An in-state running back landed a scholarship with Wisconsin.