Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 30, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
It's officially Super Bowl week. Consider this the Super Bowl of lunch links:
- A look back at where the members of Illinois' star-studded class of 2007 are now. A linebacker switched his pledge from Western Michigan to the Illini.
- Iowa is pursuing a junior-college running back. Future Hawkeyes running back Greg Garmon has beaten cancer.
- Getting an early start was the key to Michigan's 2012 class, and most prospects came on board before they saw the Wolverines' 11-2 season. Mike Martin has impressed the NFL scouts so far.
- Michigan State landed a four-star receiver and a running back over the weekend. A look at some recruiting battle lines between the Spartans and Wolverines for the state's top players.
- A speedy wide receiver is part of what looks like a talented group of walk-ons ready to join Nebraska. The Huskers are filling their needs at linebacker in this class. Could Michael Rose be the next great Nebraska linebacker?
- Northwestern is working on trying to get USC transfer Kyle Prater eligible for 2012.
- Doug Lesmerises breaks down the Ohio State roster and how the incoming recruits will fit in. And now add Armani Reeves to the mix.
- New Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien's offense defies easy labels. Expect the Nittany Lions to recruit Maryland heavily under O'Brien. PSU picked up a defensive end recruit. Will quarterback recruit Skyler Mornhinweg stay on board?
- Wisconsin's recruiting class isn't impressing the so-called experts after a hot start fizzled. A Badgers linebacker recruit has a reputation as a hard worker.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g