Big Ten lunch links
February, 7, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
As Carlos Boozer would say when grabbing an uncontested rebound, "Gimme dat!"
- More on the Big Ten's college football playoff proposal here and here and here.
- Urban Meyer is showing the Big Ten how to compete with the SEC, Bob Hunter writes. Ohio State recruiting target Stefon Diggs will make his college choice Friday.
- Some advice for new Penn State coach Bill O'Brien on how to follow a legend. Penn State students welcome O'Brien back to campus.
- A former Wisconsin administrator faces more misconduct allegations. Eddie Faulkner talks about returning to his alma mater and coaching a new position.
- Some good insight on Iowa's coordinator candidates from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette crew. Before teaming up on the gridiron at Iowa, Mitchell Keppy and Reid Sealby face off on the wrestling mat.
- Former Michigan Star star Greg Jones gets a ring (Super Bowl) and gives one (engagement) Sunday night. Spartans safety Trenton Robinson claims his civil rights were violated during a traffic stop.
- Michigan receiver Junior Hemingway has his Sugar Bowl swag stolen.
- Michigan sells out its ticket allotment for the season opener against Alabama. In case you missed it, Michigan already has three commits for the 2013 class.
- Minnesota AD Joel Maturi discusses his impending retirement.
- New Illinois offensive coordinator Billy Gonzales took an interesting route in his career. Illini receiver/punter Ryan Lankford will run track this offseason.
- Former Northwestern star Frank Aschenbrenner, who earned MVP honors in the 1949 Rose Bowl, passes away.
- Purdue linebacker Joe Holland gears up for the NFL draft.