Big Ten lunch links
February, 14, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Last week I went out with a girl whose favorite band was Glee!
- You guys truly love to hate — Big Ten coaches, that is.
- Mark Dantonio says Michigan State and Wisconsin remain the teams to beat in the Big Ten. Wisconsin and Michigan State also reportedly are in the mix for Maryland quarterback transfer Danny O'Brien.
- Best wishes to former Iowa and Wisconsin assistant Dan McCarney, who recently suffered a stroke.
- Bill O'Brien signed an incentive-laden contract at Penn State. An evaluation of the Nittany Lions' NFL draft hopefuls.
- A good piece from Chip Scoggins on the grind of winter workouts at Minnesota. The Daily Gopher looks at Minnesota's offensive recruiting needs.
- Rodney Coe might land at Iowa after all, but he's not thrilled about playing defensive line.
- Ohio State adds a talented lineman to its 2013 recruiting class.
- A terrific Valentine's Day tribute to Denard Robinson. Michigan announces its plans for spring game weekend (spring game: April 14). Some interesting thoughts from Michigan AD Dave Brandon.
- Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald takes heat for a tweet he didn't post.
- A former Purdue assistant is on the way to the Oakland Raiders.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Delayed Utah Michigan 11:38 4th Qtr San Jose State 7 Minnesota 17 Halftime Texas State 21 Illinois 13 0:06 4th Qtr Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48