Big Ten lunch links
February, 21, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
A shoutout to Penn State students, who this weekend raised a record $10,686,924.83 to help families of children with cancer during the THON event. Great event.
- A good piece from Sam McKewon on Nebraska's junior day and the progress made with recruits.
- The chance to coach at Penn State coaxed Mac McWhorter out of retirement. Lions quarterback recruiting target Christian Hackenberg won't make a quick decision on his choice.
- A good Q&A with Urban Meyer from The Columbus Dispatch. The Bowtie thinks the NCAA tried to make an example of Ohio State with the bowl ban. Despite playing only three games, DeVier Posey says his senior season with the Buckeyes didn't go to waste.
- TCF Bank Stadium would get 3,000 temporary seats if the Minnesota Vikings play some future games there.
- Some thoughts on Iowa's recent assistant coach hires (and the one still to be made). A closer look at offensive coordinator candidate Greg Davis.
- Michigan State adds its second commitment for the 2013 class.
- A look at Michigan's NFL combine hopefuls. Wolverines quarterback commit Shane Morris plays a big role in the team's recruiting surge. Mgoblog on Michigan's recent recruiting haul.
- Illinois picks up a long snapper/brainiac -- and some more Illini notes from Bob Asmussen.
- Wisconsin fans shouldn't feel too bad about losing assistant Bob Bostad, who bolted Pitt for the NFL.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g