Big Ten lunch links
February, 22, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Chatting right now. It's not too late to join.
- The Big Ten's playoff proposal might not get much support, Teddy Greenstein writes. The conference commissioners don't appear to be in any rush.
- Danny O'Brien received his release to Vanderbilt, which could take Wisconsin out of play for the QB transfer. Remembering Ron Dayne's brilliant 1999 season for the Badgers.
- No longer SEC rivals, Lane Kiffin says he and Urban Meyer are friendly these days.
- Bo Pelini enlisted help from an outside research firm to help Nebraska's recruiting efficiency, Steven M. Sipple writes. Huskers CB Alfonzo Dennard tries to boost his draft stock again.
- Quarterback remains a big priority for Penn State in recruiting. Bill O'Brien brings a new tone to Penn State's offseason workouts. Franco Harris continues to criticize the leadership at Penn State.
- Minnesota will be willing to pay for its next athletic director. A look at how Minnesota's AD search will work.
- Mike Hlas examines Iowa offensive coordinator candidate Greg Davis.
- Purdue's Carson Wiggs will be kickin' it at the combine this week. So will Illinois' Derek Dimke.
- Michigan State safety Trenton Robinson also is bound for Indy.
- Michigan is off to a fast start in recruiting but still has work to do. Brady Hoke's recruiting efforts have spiced up the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry.
- The latest from Kevin Wilson on Indiana's offseason.
- Northwestern QB Dan Persa wins an award for mental toughness.