Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 27, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
And the nominees for best lunchtime links are ...
- Michigan's Junior Hemingway still maintains that he caught a touchdown at the end of the Iowa loss. Iowa's Mike Daniels is healthy now after an injury-filled senior season and hopes to make an impression at the combine.
- Mike Martin didn't achieve his goal of breaking the NFL combine record for bench-press reps, finishing five behind teammate David Molk. Both were among the top performers in their position groups.
- An Ohio defensive back and Wisconsin running back gave their commitments to Michigan State over the weekend.
- Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne still has amazing energy at 75, but he doesn't plan to overstay his welcome.
- Ex-Ohio State running back Dan Herron told NFL executives his side of the story about his suspension.
- Penn State might not have any 2013 commitments yet, but the Nittany Lions are being active all over the country in recruiting. Former players reflected on the tumultuous end to last season at the combine.
- New NCAA kickoff rules could lessen the impact for Minnesota return specialist Troy Stoudermire.
- Former Wisconsin quarterback Brooks Bollinger is joining Paul Chryst's new staff at Pittsburgh. Could Bret Bielema lose yet another assistant coach?
- Former Illinois kicker Derek Dimke talks about his experience at the NFL combine.
- The Sporting News looks at burning questions for every Big Ten team this spring.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41