Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 27, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
And the nominees for best lunchtime links are ...
- Michigan's Junior Hemingway still maintains that he caught a touchdown at the end of the Iowa loss. Iowa's Mike Daniels is healthy now after an injury-filled senior season and hopes to make an impression at the combine.
- Mike Martin didn't achieve his goal of breaking the NFL combine record for bench-press reps, finishing five behind teammate David Molk. Both were among the top performers in their position groups.
- An Ohio defensive back and Wisconsin running back gave their commitments to Michigan State over the weekend.
- Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne still has amazing energy at 75, but he doesn't plan to overstay his welcome.
- Ex-Ohio State running back Dan Herron told NFL executives his side of the story about his suspension.
- Penn State might not have any 2013 commitments yet, but the Nittany Lions are being active all over the country in recruiting. Former players reflected on the tumultuous end to last season at the combine.
- New NCAA kickoff rules could lessen the impact for Minnesota return specialist Troy Stoudermire.
- Former Wisconsin quarterback Brooks Bollinger is joining Paul Chryst's new staff at Pittsburgh. Could Bret Bielema lose yet another assistant coach?
- Former Illinois kicker Derek Dimke talks about his experience at the NFL combine.
- The Sporting News looks at burning questions for every Big Ten team this spring.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28