Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 7, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Links are served:
- Nebraska players are starting to take ownership of the team, a process that began right after the Capital One Bowl loss. Taylor Martinez is using the offseason to address some of the deficiencies in his game. Bo Pelini doesn't want a bunch of yes men on his staff.
- Purdue has a whole bunch of healthy quarterbacks for once, and they're ready for the competition -- although Sean Robinson has moved to linebacker this spring. Some news and notes from the Boilers' first practice.
- The commitment of Mike McCray to Michigan could cause a domino effect among linebacker prospects the Wolverines are interested in. The Michigan compliance department got involved when Roy Roundtree tweeted McCray.
- Michigan State is expecting record season ticket sales this season, so much so that there might not be single-game tickets available. Andrew Maxwell is ready for his turn as the Spartans quarterback.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald does not support a proposal to make seven wins mandatory to play in a bowl and hopes the Big Ten doesn't vote for it.
- Kirk Ferentz made good decisions in hiring Greg Davis and Brian Ferentz, Pat Harty writes.
- Recruit Garrett Sickels called committing to Penn State a "no-brainer" despite the Sandusky scandal. The Nittany Lions are hoping to land Adam Breneman and Ryan Switzer, who look like perfect fits for Bill O'Brien's offense.
- Illinois players who were "All In" during winter conditioning were rewarded with a steak dinner, while Tim Beckman had to eat porridge. Whitney Mercilus writes a draft diary for the Chicago Tribune.
- Seth Littrell is making a smooth transition into the role of Indiana's offensive coordinator (subscription required).
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State