Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 8, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
A little basketball tournament just started in Indy. Who ya got?
- Russell Wilson got a little taller and was quite the baller in a dynamite pro day audition. Jon Budmayr's setback could have the Badgers going all out for a transfer quarterback.
- Purdue's Ishmael Aristide is making the switch from safety to wide receiver this spring.
- The coach of Penn State recruit Ross Douglas says the cornerback has tremendous upside. Matt Millen says Bill O'Brien just needs to be himself.
- Ohio State will do away with its courtesy car program for coaches and offer stipends instead. Urban Meyer issued an apology to Ohio State's gay and lesbian students for making his underperforming players wear lavender shirts.
- Former Northwestern running back Adonis Smith is transferring to UNLV.
- Linebacker Will Compton isn't happy about how the Nebraska defense played in 2011, and he's leading the charge to do something about it in 2012. Lavonte David's successor might not look much like him.
- Brady Hoke is ready to continue Michigan's success in Year Two (and did he really use the words "Ohio State?"). Al Borges expects Denard Robinson to keep running in 2012.
- There's no place Brian Ferentz and LeVar Woods would rather be than back home at Iowa. The bureaucratic hoops the Hawkeyes had to go through to hire the younger Ferentz are all pretty silly.
- Michigan State is pursuing a Texas offensive lineman.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g