Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 12, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.
- Michigan added an Ohio cornerback to its 2013 recruiting class, which is now up to 15 commitments. The Wolverines will look for complements to Fitz Toussaint in the running game this spring.
- Adam Breneman and Christian Hackenberg want to help Penn State put together a Top 5 class. Landing Breneman was important for the Nittany Lions on many levels.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer uses a color-coded grading system for every player, and Jonathan Hankins was the first Buckeye to graduate to the next level.
- Some nuggets on Illinois' first few days of spring practice.
- The Nebraska defense looks for a resurgence without as much star power as last year. The media got a rare glimpse into a full Huskers practice, and Steven M. Sipple came away with these observations.
- Iowa's Brian Ferentz seems ready to prove himself as a college coach. New Hawkeyes offensive coordinator Greg Davis likes what he sees from quarterback James Vandenberg.
- Purdue's spring practice is off to a promising start.
- Bret Bielema got married on Saturday and is about to get a real lesson in clock management.