Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 29, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I was promised a jetpack.
- Bret Bielema is using the ACC as a quarterback farm system. Pre-Snap Read says Wisconsin needs to do a better job recruiting quarterbacks.
- Here's a Q&A with incoming Penn State running back recruit Akeel Lynch. With Danny O'Brien out of the picture, the quarterback competition heats up for the Nittany Lions.
- Purdue's Robert Kugler has moved from tight end to center and is embracing the change.
- Urban Meyer got a reality check at his first Ohio State practice. Meyer says the Buckeyes have "no choice" but to get big production out of former hotshot recruit Curtis Grant.
- Pat Fitzgerald talks about Kyle Prater in this video. He also preached sportsmanship at an elementary school.
- Nebraska's Justin Jackson moved from defensive line to center and has the coaches' attention this spring in a three-way competition to replace Mike Caputo. Young Huskers offensive tackles Jeremiah Sirles and Tyler Moore are making their move after a year of learning.
- Indiana defensive lineman Nick Sliger has overcome a learning disability and will earn his degree.
- Iowa running backs coach Lester Erb has another challenge on his hands this spring. The Hawkeyes' spring practice will be all about tracking changes.
- Enigmatic Michigan defensive lineman Will Campbell says he's no longer lazy. Ricky Barnum is confident he can fill David Molk's shoes at center.
- Taiwan Jones is getting a great opportunity to impress as a first-team linebacker for Michigan State this spring. Kirk Cousins as a first-round pick?
- This is basketball-related but still interesting, as Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis tweeted advice to Michigan basketball player Trey Burke, and Wolverines AD Dave Brandon didn't appreciate it.
- Beer could be flowing at Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium soon.