Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 30, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Winter is coming.
- There's no such thing as an Iowa running back curse, no matter how much that might appear to be the case right now. Iowa transfer A.J. Derby is competing for the quarterback job at a Kansas junior college.
- Brady Hoke is pleased so far with the competition at Michigan this spring. Justice Hayes and some early enrollees are among the spring surprises so far for the Wolverines.
- "Shilique the Freak" could make an impact this year at defensive end for Michigan State.
- Year Two for the Minnesota coaches is leading to less stress and fewer mistakes at spring practice. A big hit highlighted Thursday's practice for the Gophers.
- New Nebraska defensive line coach Rick Kaczenski shows some intensity during practice. Ciante Evans feels more confident at nickel back this spring after a shaky 2011.
- Kyle Prater got his "welcome to the Big Ten" moment at Northwestern practice.
- Black Shoes Diaries breaks down the Penn State depth chart. A look at the Nittany Lions' early recruiting success.
- Bret Bielema thinks Danny O'Brien will make a smooth transition to Wisconsin. And Bielema refutes the notion that bringing in another transfer quarterback will hurt recruiting at that position.
- Urban Meyer has been pretty candid in describing his first Ohio State team.
- Kevin Wilson talks about Indiana's eighth practice of the spring.
- Purdue players Kawann Short and Eric Mebane show off a little musical skill.