Big Ten lunchtime links
April, 4, 2012
Actual, meaningful, on-American-soil baseball returns tonight, featuring the defending world champs. Huzzah!
- Michigan State RB Le'Veon Bell responds to the message sent by the coaches. Despite recent wrist surgery, Spartans TE Dion Sims is poised for a big year.
- Michigan CB Blake Countess hopes to avoid the dreaded sophomore slump, while RB Fitzgerald Toussaint is working hard to keep moving forward.
- Penn State's tight ends are speaking a different language in Bill O'Brien's offense. Even without major improvement at quarterback, Penn State has ways in which its offense can get a lot better.
- Landon Feichter's Purdue career has been all about toughness, so it's tough for him to sit out this spring.
- Most Nebraska players are excited about the alternate unis. Colleague Mitch Sherman writes about two Nebraska legacy recruits who took different paths to Lincoln.
- Greg Davis isn't Ken O'Keefe, so that alone means change for the Iowa offense. The Hawkeyes' Torrey Campbell is doing double duty (football and track) this spring.
- One Ohio State fan bought this picture at a Tuesday fundraiser (that's Earle Bruce, John Cooper, Jim Tressel and Urban Meyer spelling O-H-I-O.
- A closer look at Northwestern's offensive line heading into 2012.
- Former Minnesota quarterback Tony Dungy addressed the team at Tuesday's practice. Minnesota DE Ra'Shede Hageman hopes to lead by example.
- Illinois starting CB Terry Hawthorne also will see some time at wide receiver this spring.
- Indiana assistant Kevin Johns is all about the details (subscription required).
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State