Big Ten lunch links
April, 12, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
She feels great. Her spirits are high, the whole family's high. There's your headline.
- Bret Bielema says greed is good when it comes to winning Big Ten titles at Wisconsin.
- Illinois is spicing up its spring game this year, including having a student call a play in the first quarter. Nathan Scheelhaase remains the team's No. 1 quarterback.
- ESPN's Jon Gruden projects Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins as a second-round pick. The Spartans add an offensive line recruit for 2013.
- Iowa is running plenty of no-huddle offense this spring. A look at Iowa's revised spring depth chart.
- Colleague Mel Kiper includes two Big Ten players in his underrated/overrated chart . Here's Kiper's latest Big Board .
- Ohio State turned in its best practice of the spring Wednesday. True freshman Bri'onte Dunn is in the mix at running back for the Buckeyes.
- Bill O'Brien sees no separation in Penn State's quarterback race. A look at five Penn State players who could have breakout seasons in 2012. A New York man will be tried for allegedly stealing the "Paternoville" sign.
- Despite a Sugar Bowl championship, Brady Hoke told Michigan it failed in 2011. Kyle Meinke lists five names to watch in Michigan's spring game.
- Nebraska's young running backs will be interesting to watch in Saturday's spring game. Huskers safety Daimion Stafford wants to improve his coverage skills.
- The late Gary Tinsley was not only popular with his Minnesota teammates, but his professors, too. Tinsley's funeral will take place Saturday.
- Tom Dienhart wonders if we'll ever see Ohio State versus Michigan in a spring scrimmage.
- Northwestern finds the right attitude heading into its spring game.
- Kawann Short has some unfinished business at Purdue. The Boilers' Normondo Harris is a fashion freak.
- Indiana wants to involve its running backs more in the pass game (subscription required).
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19