Big Ten lunchtime links
April, 19, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
- Injuries are starting to pile up for Ohio State this spring. The Buckeyes may have found their quarterback of the future. Running back is making a debut of sorts in the Horseshoe this weekend.
- Penn State is learning how to play fast under Bill O'Brien. The Paterno family doesn't like a new book on the Sandusky scandal.
- Wisconsin's James White is receptive to playing some wide receiver, though he says he's still a running back first.
- Kirk Ferentz loves watching the NFL draft, but Reilly Reiff won't be at the draft in person.
- Rich Rodriguez had a hard time watching Michigan last year. Denard Robinson made strides in cutting down his turnovers this spring.
- Michigan State has depth and stiff competition at linebacker. Larry Caper wants to seize his last opportunity as a Spartan.
- Reviewing the Nebraska defense's spring performance. Lyell Bremser, the late voice of the Huskers, will be inducted into the Omaha Sports Hall of Fame.
- Len Dawson's decision to go to Purdue is still paying dividends.
- Redshirt freshman Deonte Gibson made an impression at defensive end this spring at Northwestern.
- Minnesota linebacker Ryan Grant's family tree is deeply rooted in football.
- Off Tackle Empire breaks down Illinois.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41