Big Ten lunchtime links
April, 30, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
For lunch: codfish, Heinz beans and links. With a Shirley Temple, since we're tapering.
- The Michigan State defense is really good -- maybe even national championship good, Matt Charboneau writes. New Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has been working with a neuropsychologist to try and gain a competitive mental edge.
- Nebraska running back Aaron Green is transferring, with an eye on getting closer to his San Antonio home.
- Tim May and Bill Rabinowitz review Ohio State's spring.
- Bill O'Brien says his quarterback choice will be about winning now, not who has more eligibility left. O'Brien is on board with a college football playoff system.
- Rob Henry is determined to get stronger and get back into the thick of the Purdue quarterback competition.
- New Minnesota AD Norwood Teague has had success at fundraising, something he'll need to repeat with the Gophers.
- Wisconsin picked up two commitments for 2013, while the son of former Badgers captain Joe Panos became the first commitment in the 2014 class.
- Eleven Iowa players were either drafted or signed free-agent deals with NFL teams. The Hawkeyes have seven commitments for the 2013 class, joining the fast lane of modern recruiting.
- Northwestern's Drake Dunsmore and Jeremy Ebert got picked in the last round, and Dunsmore might reunite with Dan Persa in Tampa Bay.
- Indiana offensive tackle Andrew McDonald is hoping to catch on as an NFL free agent.
- A few undrafted Michigan players, including Ryan Van Bergen and Troy Woolfolk, landed free-agent deals.
- Illinois' draft success made Ron Zook smile.
- Lee Barfknecht breaks down the Leaders Division following spring practice.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Penn State Illinois 12:00 PM ET Indiana 6 Ohio State 12:00 PM ET 25 Minnesota 23 Nebraska 12:00 PM ET Northwestern Purdue 12:00 PM ET Rutgers 11 Michigan State 3:30 PM ET 16 Wisconsin Iowa 3:30 PM ET Maryland Michigan