Big Ten lunchtime links
April, 30, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
For lunch: codfish, Heinz beans and links. With a Shirley Temple, since we're tapering.
- The Michigan State defense is really good -- maybe even national championship good, Matt Charboneau writes. New Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has been working with a neuropsychologist to try and gain a competitive mental edge.
- Nebraska running back Aaron Green is transferring, with an eye on getting closer to his San Antonio home.
- Tim May and Bill Rabinowitz review Ohio State's spring.
- Bill O'Brien says his quarterback choice will be about winning now, not who has more eligibility left. O'Brien is on board with a college football playoff system.
- Rob Henry is determined to get stronger and get back into the thick of the Purdue quarterback competition.
- New Minnesota AD Norwood Teague has had success at fundraising, something he'll need to repeat with the Gophers.
- Wisconsin picked up two commitments for 2013, while the son of former Badgers captain Joe Panos became the first commitment in the 2014 class.
- Eleven Iowa players were either drafted or signed free-agent deals with NFL teams. The Hawkeyes have seven commitments for the 2013 class, joining the fast lane of modern recruiting.
- Northwestern's Drake Dunsmore and Jeremy Ebert got picked in the last round, and Dunsmore might reunite with Dan Persa in Tampa Bay.
- Indiana offensive tackle Andrew McDonald is hoping to catch on as an NFL free agent.
- A few undrafted Michigan players, including Ryan Van Bergen and Troy Woolfolk, landed free-agent deals.
- Illinois' draft success made Ron Zook smile.
- Lee Barfknecht breaks down the Leaders Division following spring practice.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28