Big Ten lunch links
May, 4, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
I don't like the sound of that. A lot of amenities disappear when an H turns into an M.
- With no postseason in the picture, Ohio State puts The Game on an even bigger pedestal, colleague Mark Schlabach writes.
- Kirk Ferentz on Twitter? It actually might happen. Top recruit Orlando Brown is a big fan of Iowa's head coach.
- Mike Poorman runs through Bill O'Brien's 10 commandments for Penn State's next starting quarterback. Tight end Jesse James tops this list of Penn State freshmen who could play big roles this fall (totally agree on James, by the way).
- New Minnesota AD Norwood Teague must sell hope to the fan base, Jim Souhan writes. An injury will keep Gophers safety Kim Royston from participating in Vikings rookie minicamp.
- Missed this from earlier in the week: Sporting News ranks the Big Ten head coaches. BTN.com's Tom Dienhart assembles his dream Big Ten coaching staff (defensive backs choice is a head-scratcher).
- Spartan Stadium is getting a makeover, and Michigan State's season-ticket sales are going so well the school has suspended them until June. Some Spartans recruiting notes.
- Are Michigan officials on a different page than the Big Ten when it comes to college football's postseason? The Wolverines are in the mix for a two-way recruit.
- Wisconsin has created quite a pipeline to the Brookfield area. Camp Randall Stadium is getting a new field.
- Purdue is eying a defensive tackle from the junior college ranks.
- A breakdown of Indiana's 2012 schedule.
- Two Big Ten strength coaches, Nebraska's James Dobson and Iowa's Chris Doyle, have been named masters of their profession.
- Some good thoughts from Scott Dochterman on future Big Ten schedules.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State