Big Ten lunch links
May, 8, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
And the wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws.
RIP, Maurice Sendak.
RIP, Maurice Sendak.
- The date of the alleged locker-room shower incident involving Jerry Sandusky has changed, which could help two former Penn State officials in their perjury case.
- Recruit Alex Anzalone hasn't ruled out Ohio State after decommitting from the Buckeyes last week. The sex offender who posted pictures of himself and Anzalone on the Web was arrested Monday.
- Spring football accelerated the healing process at both Penn State and Ohio State, colleague Gene Wojciechowski writes.
- Northwestern might be a long shot to bring ESPN's "College GameDay" to campus, but coach Pat Fitzgerald is taking the challenge head on. Matt Micucci starred as a prep quarterback, but he'll walk on as a kicker/punter at Northwestern.
- Several former Illinois players gear up for NFL camps, John Supinie writes. A look back at the year for Illinois football.
- There's a chance Iowa's season opener at Soldier Field might not be televised. The Hawkeyes roll out the welcome mat for folks from Camp Courageous.
- Here's the latest on the arrest of Purdue wide receiver Antavian Edison. Former Purdue star Matt Light has announced his retirement from the NFL's New England Patriots.
- Michigan safety Jordan Kovacs steps into a primary leadership role. Soon-to-be baseball Hall of Famer Barry Larkin talks about how he told Bo Schembechler he was quitting football at Michigan.
- Dirk Chatelain has a very personal take on the controversy surrounding Nebraska assistant Ron Brown.
- Wisconsin's coaches need to make a stronger effort to ensure their athletes avoid bad choices. Montee Ball wasn't the only elite athlete on Mifflin Street -- oh, Kaner.
- BTN.com's Tom Dienhart ranks his top Big Ten tandems.
- Bill O'Brien is aware of the expectations he faces at Penn State. The Beaver Stadium scoreboard makeover won't be complete until 2014.
- Several former Minnesota players are chasing their NFL dreams with the Vikings.
- A defensive recruit from Florida lands his first scholarship offer from Indiana.
- The Football Writers Association of America gives some well-deserved recognition to Michigan State's athletic communications staff.
- The Naples News' David Moulton favors Jim Delany's proposal for a college football playoff.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g