Big Ten lunch links
May, 10, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
I haven't been judged by this many people since I forgot my canvas bags at Whole Foods.
- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany is talking about the postseason again, and this time he doesn't want division winners in the playoff.
- A ranking of the Big Ten's backup quarterbacks in 2012.
- The mother of the late Minnesota player Gary Tinsley will accept her son's diploma today at commencement.
- An interesting piece from Mike Hlas on how Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz is the Big Ten's youngest elder statesman (among coaches) since another Iowa boss (Hayden Fry).
- Several Big Ten games appear on this list of top contests in the first month of the 2012 season.
- Wisconsin's Bret Bielema, Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Michigan's Brady Hoke appear on the Sporting News' latest installment of the FBS coaches' rankings.
- Athlon Sports ranks Michigan State at No. 18 on its preseason countdown and has plenty of coverage here and here and here.
- Bill O'Brien sees "sunny days and blue skies" at Penn State. If you need more evidence that things are changing at Penn State, check out the video system O'Brien is using to break down games. The Lions could be adding a second quarterback recruit to their 2013 class.
- Michigan offensive coordinator Al Borges is already preparing for the Alabama game. Former Wolverine star Marcus Ray turns his life around after battling depression.
- Nebraska makes an offer to a prep QB from the Atlanta area. It has been 15 years since former Nebraska coach and AD Bob Devaney passed away.
- Standout recruit Ifeadi Odenigbo hopes to build football tradition at Northwestern.
- Ohio State's spring game attendance shows that the sky is no longer falling in Columbus.
- Illinois picks up yet another recruit for 2013, but Kenton Gibbs still will take visits elsewhere .
- Purdue tackle Dennis Kelly signs with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g