Big Ten lunchtime links
May, 15, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Here are your lunchtime -- wait for it -- links.
- Playoffs are on the minds of Big Ten leaders as they gather in Chicago today.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien says he'd like to play Pitt on an annual basis, but the schedule may not allow it to happen. A decision on the Lions' starting quarterback should be coming soon. Penn State has gone to great lengths to help restore its reputation.
- Michigan receiver Jerald Robinson had his hearing on a misdemeanor charge postponed. A one-time Wolverines recruiting target says Michigan doesn't pressure prospects into committing. Tate Forcier signed with a CFL team.
- Le'Veon Bell is earning some high praise at Michigan State.
- Purdue athletic director Morgan Burke wants to preserve the Rose Bowl tradition.
- Concussions caused Ohio State's Andrew Sweat to walk away from football. Tom Dienhart analyzes the Buckeyes' schedule.
- Indiana's Kevin Wilson won't follow Tom Crean's lead and start recruiting eight- or ninth-graders.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald was asked about the debate over compensating players in a talk with students.
- Versatility will be key as former Gopher fullback Jon Hoese tries to make the Green Bay Packers.
- An Ohio linebacker has taken notice of Illinois and Tim Beckman.
- The married life suits Bret Bielema just fine.
- Kirk Ferentz went on the road to talk about what's happening with Iowa football.
- Nebraska's nutritionist talks about how to feed a bunch of hungry Huskers. The Lincoln Journal Star's countdown of the Cornhuskers' top 100 most memorable touchdowns takes a look at the beginning of the Triplets.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska