Big Ten lunch links
October, 9, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Is this heaven?
Is this heaven?
- Tate Forcier's playmaking ability is nothing new, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. Forcier agrees, The Sporting News' Dave Curtis writes. Carlos Brown magically doesn't appear on Michigan's injury report, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- Before kickoff, Iowa needs to win the mind game against Michigan, Sean Keeler writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Ohio State coaches are still unsure of how to proceed with freshman running back Jaamal Berry, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Scott Tolzien is Wisconsin's latest game manager at quarterback, Bill Rabinowitz writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Running back Zach Brown remains the Badgers' starter, but he has to hang onto the ball, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Despite Juice Williams' benching, Michigan State still expects to see the veteran Illinois quarterback on Saturday, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News. Illini tight end Michael Hoomanwanui (ankle) is getting healthier.
- Running back Stephen Simmons returns for Northwestern, which might starting using the Wildcat, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Both Minnesota and Purdue are desperate for a victory Saturday. Gophers standout return man Troy Stoudermire is still looking for his first touchdown, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Indiana's trip to Virginia looms large in determining the Hoosiers' bowl fate, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- The right side of Penn State's offensive line is becoming a strength for the team, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 6 in his blog.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State