Big Ten lunch links
May, 17, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
It's better to carry a tune than a grudge.
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon doesn't view a four-team model as a true playoff. The Wolverines could be sporting more alternate unis in the near future.
- Urban Meyer releases Ohio State's depth chart and doesn't hide his concerns about his personnel. Meyer shares his thoughts on the playoff possibilities. Meyer's intensity will fuel the Buckeyes in 2012.
- Iowa's Kinnick Stadium once again will be reseated in 2014.
- The Big Ten can no longer make the weather argument after backing off on campus sites for the playoff.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien continues to reach out to fans in the Mid-Atlantic region. Lions fans who know Glenn Carson, the linebacker should check out Glenn Carson, the wrestler.
- Tight end recruit Greg Hart picks Nebraska over Northwestern.
- Big Ten ADs say the kickoff play needs to be closely watched -- and possibly eliminated entirely.
- Athletic directors from Illinois and Northwestern discuss a potential rematch in Chicago.
- Some good notes from Steve Greenberg on the Big Ten spring meetings.
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman continues his caravan through the state.
- There's strong support for an increase of the bowl-eligibility requirement, even from ADs of schools that recently went to bowls at 6-6.
- Big Ten athletic directors advocate for the importance of schedule strength.
- Maize 'n Brew previews Minnesota in 2012.
- Former Michigan recruit Demar Dorsey will continue his football career at Hawaii, Bruce Feldman reports.
- Former Michigan State star Andre Rison will discuss his financial troubles in an ESPN documentary.
- The Daily Northwestern ranks the Big Ten offensive lines.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g