Big Ten lunchtime links
May, 30, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I wasn't going to do these links, but then Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce sent Joan over to convince me.
- The Big Ten and SEC are closer than they may realize to agreeing on a playoff format, Graham Couch writes. A playoff won't be a panacea, Mark Bradley writes.
- One year later, Jim Tressel says he has no regrets over his forced exit at Ohio State. Troy Smith is looking to revive his pro career.
- Michigan recruit Jehu Chesson answered some questions about his speed with his track performance. A couple of incoming freshman may have a chance to make an impact on the Wolverines' offensive line. Logan Tuley-Tillman says the death threats he received after burning an Ohio State recruiting mailing were "just sick."
- A strong core of Joe Paterno's Old Guard remains in place at Penn State. Nittany Lions athletic director Dave Joyner should be measured against Michigan State's Mark Hollis, David Jones writes.
- Marc Morehouse takes a closer look at Iowa defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson.
- Richard Bell's 78-yard touchdown catch is remembered in the Nebraska scoring countdown. June is a big month for recruiting for the Huskers.
- Purdue's director of player personnel left after one season for a similar post at Alabama.
- The summer will be key for Illinois to catch on to its new offensive system.
- Maize N Brew previews Northwestern's 2012 season.
- Bucky's 5th Quarter says David Gilbert is vitally important for Wisconsin.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28