Big Ten lunchtime links
May, 30, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I wasn't going to do these links, but then Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce sent Joan over to convince me.
- The Big Ten and SEC are closer than they may realize to agreeing on a playoff format, Graham Couch writes. A playoff won't be a panacea, Mark Bradley writes.
- One year later, Jim Tressel says he has no regrets over his forced exit at Ohio State. Troy Smith is looking to revive his pro career.
- Michigan recruit Jehu Chesson answered some questions about his speed with his track performance. A couple of incoming freshman may have a chance to make an impact on the Wolverines' offensive line. Logan Tuley-Tillman says the death threats he received after burning an Ohio State recruiting mailing were "just sick."
- A strong core of Joe Paterno's Old Guard remains in place at Penn State. Nittany Lions athletic director Dave Joyner should be measured against Michigan State's Mark Hollis, David Jones writes.
- Marc Morehouse takes a closer look at Iowa defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson.
- Richard Bell's 78-yard touchdown catch is remembered in the Nebraska scoring countdown. June is a big month for recruiting for the Huskers.
- Purdue's director of player personnel left after one season for a similar post at Alabama.
- The summer will be key for Illinois to catch on to its new offensive system.
- Maize N Brew previews Northwestern's 2012 season.
- Bucky's 5th Quarter says David Gilbert is vitally important for Wisconsin.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41