Big Ten lunchtime links
May, 30, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I wasn't going to do these links, but then Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce sent Joan over to convince me.
- The Big Ten and SEC are closer than they may realize to agreeing on a playoff format, Graham Couch writes. A playoff won't be a panacea, Mark Bradley writes.
- One year later, Jim Tressel says he has no regrets over his forced exit at Ohio State. Troy Smith is looking to revive his pro career.
- Michigan recruit Jehu Chesson answered some questions about his speed with his track performance. A couple of incoming freshman may have a chance to make an impact on the Wolverines' offensive line. Logan Tuley-Tillman says the death threats he received after burning an Ohio State recruiting mailing were "just sick."
- A strong core of Joe Paterno's Old Guard remains in place at Penn State. Nittany Lions athletic director Dave Joyner should be measured against Michigan State's Mark Hollis, David Jones writes.
- Marc Morehouse takes a closer look at Iowa defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson.
- Richard Bell's 78-yard touchdown catch is remembered in the Nebraska scoring countdown. June is a big month for recruiting for the Huskers.
- Purdue's director of player personnel left after one season for a similar post at Alabama.
- The summer will be key for Illinois to catch on to its new offensive system.
- Maize N Brew previews Northwestern's 2012 season.
- Bucky's 5th Quarter says David Gilbert is vitally important for Wisconsin.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland