Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 5, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Great. Now I'll never get my lost wallet back from Lane Pryce.
- The Big Ten embarrassed itself by coming out first in support of the status quo, but ultimately the league is not far away from other conferences' playoff plans, Stewart Mandel writes. Lots of coverage of Monday's Big Ten conference call on playoff proposals. You can find some of the best stories about it here, here, here, here and here.
- New Penn State commit Neiko Robinson has big dreams. Jury selection has begun in the Jerry Sandusky trial. Sandusky's lawyer made a bold move by insisting that the jury be composed of Sandusky's peers and neighbors, Dan Wetzel writes.
- Wisconsin replaced the turf at Camp Randall Stadium, and patches of the old field will be given away as gifts to donors.
- Kevin Wilson is determined to change the perception of Indiana football -- and to score a bunch of points.
- The Champaign News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen ranks Michigan No. 1 -- that's in the country, not just the Big Ten.
- Michigan State is almost sold out of season tickets and expects to shatter its previous record for sales.
- A closer look at Iowa junior receiver Don Shumpert, who might have an increased role this season.
- Recent defensive tackle pledge Maurice Hurst Jr. calls playing for Michigan a "dream come true."
- Fringe Bowl Team takes a look at Minnesota's defensive line.
- Suspended Ohio State tight end Jake Stoneburner thanked people for support in a series of tweets.
- BTN's Tom Dienhart ranks the league's receiver units, with Wisconsin on top.
- Maize N Brew previews Purdue's 2012 campaign.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38