Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 5, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Great. Now I'll never get my lost wallet back from Lane Pryce.
- The Big Ten embarrassed itself by coming out first in support of the status quo, but ultimately the league is not far away from other conferences' playoff plans, Stewart Mandel writes. Lots of coverage of Monday's Big Ten conference call on playoff proposals. You can find some of the best stories about it here, here, here, here and here.
- New Penn State commit Neiko Robinson has big dreams. Jury selection has begun in the Jerry Sandusky trial. Sandusky's lawyer made a bold move by insisting that the jury be composed of Sandusky's peers and neighbors, Dan Wetzel writes.
- Wisconsin replaced the turf at Camp Randall Stadium, and patches of the old field will be given away as gifts to donors.
- Kevin Wilson is determined to change the perception of Indiana football -- and to score a bunch of points.
- The Champaign News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen ranks Michigan No. 1 -- that's in the country, not just the Big Ten.
- Michigan State is almost sold out of season tickets and expects to shatter its previous record for sales.
- A closer look at Iowa junior receiver Don Shumpert, who might have an increased role this season.
- Recent defensive tackle pledge Maurice Hurst Jr. calls playing for Michigan a "dream come true."
- Fringe Bowl Team takes a look at Minnesota's defensive line.
- Suspended Ohio State tight end Jake Stoneburner thanked people for support in a series of tweets.
- BTN's Tom Dienhart ranks the league's receiver units, with Wisconsin on top.
- Maize N Brew previews Purdue's 2012 campaign.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State