Big Ten lunch links
June, 6, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Happy hump day. Time to ingest your links.
- Penn State starting quarterback Matthew McGloin called the team's former QB rotation "a killer." The jury in the Jerry Sandusky trial not surprisingly has ties to Penn State, Dan Wetzel writes. Some good takes on Penn State's depth chart here and here.
- Some interesting comments from Nebraska AD Tom Osborne, who said he called Joe Paterno in 1994 to discuss a neutral-site game for the unofficial national title. Nebraska walk-on Sam Foltz will do double duty (wide receiver/punter).
- A really interesting take from Eleven Warriors on how Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany (and the Pac-12) could be lapping the field.
- Not surprisingly, the Rose Bowl also supports a plus-one model, as unrealistic as it may be.
- Michigan State quarterback Andrew Maxwell is healthy and leading offseason workouts. The new Spartan Stadium scoreboard will be big -- really, really big.
- BTN.com's Tom Dienhart checks in with Minnesota offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover.
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon talks about how he has restructured the athletic department.
- A closer look at Iowa offensive tackle Andrew Donnal.
- Illinois is eyeing several recruits from a Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., high school.
- Purdue RB Ralph Bolden is expected to plead guilty to public intoxication later this month. Maize 'n Brew takes a closer look at Purdue's 2012 recruiting class.
- An interesting take on the "smash" element of Urban Meyer's offense at Ohio State.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28