Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 8, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
So I guess I Won't Have Another.
- The Sporting News' Matt Hayes has a moving story on Bill O'Brien and how his special-needs son, Jack, keeps things in perspective. O'Brien has a hidden summer advantage, Mike Poorman writes.
- BTN's Tom Dienhart ranks the league's linebackers, putting Michigan State on top. Offensive line is a priority in recruiting for the Spartans.
- A closer look at Iowa tight end Zach Derby. Here's more on the marijuana charges against Hawkeyes freshman-to-be running back Greg Garmon.
- Police give details on the arrests and the chase of Ohio State players Jake Stoneburner and Jack Mewhort. Work is under way on the new scoreboard at the Shoe.
- Matt Davison's 69-yard trick play score for Nebraska against Northwestern is recalled.
- Former Michigan star LaMarr Woodley remembers what it was like to face hardship, so he continues to offer free football camps for kids. The Wolverines are in the mix for a top Tennessee running back. Brady Hoke is determined to keep Ohio State the main focus.
- Minnesota is getting used to morning starts for its home games.
- Nick Toon is impressing the New Orleans Saints.
- The Big Ten has a better media deal than the SEC if not a better product, says an SEC-based writer.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28