Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 11, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Well, I'm the president of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
- After a tough first year, Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas still has a lot on his to-do list. Namely, winning.
- Pat Harty ponders the disciplinary decision Kirk Ferentz faces over Greg Garmon.
- Brady Hoke wants to guard against a sophomore slump for Michigan. The Wolverines' Women's Football Academy raised a bunch of money for cancer research.
- Lawrence Thomas is plenty talented; now, Michigan State just has to figure out where to play him. Le'Veon Bell has established himself as the Spartans' clear No. 1 back.
- A local center committed to play at Northwestern.
- Brian Bobek, who was beaten out at center by Corey Linsley, plans to transfer from Ohio State. Some high school linemen are eager to get an audition with Urban Meyer. Jake Stoneburner and Jack Mewhort are hardly alone among sports' "whiz" kids.
- An advantageous schedule is one reason David Jones says Penn State can win the Leaders Division title. Matt McGloin aims for a productive summer after being named the Nittany Lions' starting QB.
- Indiana AD Fred Glass talks about the state of the football program and other issues in this Q&A.
- Tom Osborne reflects on Nebraska's first year in the Big Ten. Former Huskers defensive coordinator Craig Bohl has authored a successful second act.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g