Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 18, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
You're like Niki Minaj, minus the everything.
- Some fired coaches, like Illinois' Ron Zook, are laughing all the way to the bank.
- A Detroit-area receiver became Iowa's latest commitment. A Daily Iowan columnists wonders if keeping Greg Garmon on board is a good idea for the Hawkeyes.
- Michigan has an aggressive drug testing policy, and Brady Hoke says it's for the players' safety. Keeping the Big House filled remains Dave Brandon's top priority.
- Incoming Michigan State quarterback Tyler O'Connor was named MVP of the Big 33 game. Once suspended, tight end Dion Sims is now drawing praise from the Spartans' coaches. Ohio kept its streak going against Pennsylvania in the Big 33.
- Football will be the top priority for new Minnesota athletic director Norwood Teague.
- Bo Pelini and his staff learned some lessons they can use after Nebraska's first year in the Big Ten. Remembering Ahman Green's 59-yard touchdown dash as part of his huge day against Kansas State.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has high praise for sophomore defensive lineman Michael Bennett. Terry Pluto writes about Chris Spielman's journey and how it is a tribute to fathers and family.
- Penn State blue-chip tight end recruit Adam Breneman is dealing with the news that he has a torn ACL and will miss his senior season. Penn State needs to cleanse its soul after the Sandusky trial, Dick Weiss writes.
- Wisconsin added a pair of recruits over the weekend.
- Nine walk-ons are set to join Northwestern's roster.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g