Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 20, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Happy first day of summer.
- Adam Rittenberg and Mark Schlabach are on the scene of the latest playoff meetings. Here's a preview.
- Greg Garmon isn't sure when he's headed to Iowa. A closer look at Hawkeyes incoming freshman running back Barkley Hill, who might get a bunch of work this fall.
- Urban Meyer talks about why he made public the suspensions for Jake Stoneburner and Jack Mewhort. The Buckeyes got a commitment from a punter .
- Several Michigan commits are getting ready for an all-star showcase.
- The National Football Post picks Michigan State as one of five darkhorse national title contenders. Mark Dantonio won't be joining Twitter anytime soon.
- Athlon analyzes the Big Ten's Heisman Trophy contenders.
- Jerry Sandusky's wife took the stand in his defense, which is expected to wrap up today. That defense is flailing, Rich Hoffmann writes. Rick Reilly writes that this trial shows Sandusky's cowardice.
- Purdue lost a running back.
- A Nebraska researcher is at the forefront of concussion research.
- The playoff discussions have created some strange bedfellows, Tom Oates writes.
- CBS Sports' Brett McMurphy looks at how teams and leagues have fared in the BCS standings since 2007.