Big Ten lunch links
June, 21, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs?
- Yes, indeed. Check our ESPN.com's coverage here and here and here and here.
- More good takes on the playoff endorsement Wednesday here and here and here and here and here.
- Penn State reportedly parts ways with wide receiver Devon Smith. Jerry Sandusky won't testify in his trial, which could be a risky move, Dan Wetzel writes.
- Despite high hopes for 2012, Michigan State still has some areas to address this summer. Michigan State secures a recruit from the Buckeye State. The Spartans are big believers in incoming recruit Aaron Burbridge.
- Michigan, meanwhile, secures its 22nd (!) commitment for 2013, and it's only June 21. A look at Michigan's moments to remember from the 2011 season.
- Iowa players get a full dose from new offensive coordinator Greg Davis. Hawkeyes coaches are impressed with under-the-radar recruit Ike Boettger.
- Northwestern adds its eighth commitment for the 2013 class (subscription required).
- Nebraska is eying another quarterback for the 2013 class. Nebraska adds a new compliance director.
- Former Illinois player Keith Jackson has some interesting ideas about preventing head and neck trauma.
- Some Ohio State players will take part in a sports medicine research project. Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer is getting back to his baseball roots.
- Purdue's new president is a very big name. Former Boilers star Ryan Kerrigan is funding a football scholarship through his clothing line.
- Wisconsin football posts some strong academic numbers.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19