Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 25, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
- Reaction to the Jerry Sandusky verdict can be found here, here, here and here
- Three different columns from the South say Penn State should get the death penalty, here and here and here. Amid all that, the Nittany Lions' newest class of freshmen arrived and talked about why they stayed loyal through the scandal. And Penn State picked up a top offensive lineman.
- Greg Davis got a new lease on his coaching life at Iowa. The Hawkeyes had a big recruiting weekend and are up to 15 commitments for '13.
- A new FieldTurf practice field is Indiana's latest investment in its football program.
- Purdue got its third commitment for the 2013 class with an in-state running back.
- Kyle Meinke offers three reasons why Denard Robinson will be a Heisman finalist and three reasons why he won't be. Michigan's summer camp paid dividends with the team's latest commitment.
- Mark Dantonio says his attempt at being a Big Ten Network analyst "wasn't pretty." Michigan State got a commitment from the son of an NFL standout.
- Sam McKewon has a rundown of Nebraska in the preview magazines.
- Ohio State's push for academic success is paying off.
- A college football playoff is not a victory -- yet -- for fans, Tom Oates writes.
- Off Tackle Empire puts Wisconsin under the lens.
- The Orlando Sentinel ranks Illinois No. 49 in the country.