Big Ten lunch links
June, 26, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
What's on your plate today?
- In case you missed my BCS presidents' meeting primer, check it out. Steve Sipple is a bit skeptical about whether a four-team playoff represents progress. The proposed playoff is on the 1-yard line, needing one final push, Thayer Evans writes.
- Penn State's changing roster makeup means more opportunities for young players. The NCAA shouldn't punish Penn State, as the civil court system will handle it, Gregg Doyel writes. Matt Hinton agrees.
- Former ESPN personality Dana Jacobson weighs in on the Jerry Sandusky situation and her own experience as a victim of abuse.
- BTN.com's Tom Dienhart looks at key Big Ten players returning from injuries this fall.
- One of Illinois' recent commitments, Darius Mosely, talks about his recruitment to the Orange and Blue.
- Northwestern is up to 10 commits for 2013 as athlete Kyle Queiro pledged to play for the Wildcats.
- Purdue picks up its fourth commit for the 2013 class. Coach Danny Hope thinks his Purdue team built some important momentum late last season.
- Disorderly conduct charges have been dismissed against Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman. Minnesota picks up a D-line recruit from its neighboring state.
- Speaking of neighboring states, Wisconsin bolsters its defensive line with a prospect from Iowa.
- Michigan State adds a wide receiver to its 2013 recruiting class. Cornerback Darian Hicks is excited to join the swarming Spartans defense.
- Iowa's early recruiting push for 2013 is a sign of the times, Randy Peterson writes.
- Ohio State linebacker Curtis Grant is ready to back up his recruiting hype. Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will enter the Cleveland Sports Hall of Fame in September.
- Several Michigan recruits took part in the Rivals Five-Star Challenge in Atlanta.
- Two takes on Nebraska's move to the Big Ten from the Daily Nebraskan here and here.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41