Big Ten lunch links
June, 28, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
- Ohio State adds a very big piece to its 2013 recruiting class in DT Michael Hill. Eleven Warriors explores why the Buckeyes won't go undefeated this fall.
- Michigan State wins the recruiting battle for a two-sport star in Drake Harris. More on Harris' pledge here. Spartans athletic director Mark Hollis weighs in on the new playoff.
- Michigan could replace Notre Dame in 2018-19 with a big name. One-time playoff opponent Dave Brandon is "very pleased" with the new model.
- Penn State's recruiting surge continues with wideout Zach Bradshaw. Mark Wogenrich takes a good look at how Penn State would have fared in a playoff environment.
- Northwestern hopes to hear about receiver Kyle Prater's NCAA waiver application next month.
- Drew Sharp writes that the new playoff won't benefit the Big Ten. The playoff won't end the arguments and debate in college football, Rob Oller writes.
- Wisconsin's latest recruit for 2013 has no trouble being nasty on the field. A look at how the Badgers would have fared in a four-team playoff.
- A closer look at Iowa's football facilities upgrades here and here. Some good Hawkeyes nuggets here. Iowa players are excited about the playoff.
- Purdue's style fit recruit John Strauser, who will become a third-generation Big Ten player.
- Illinois adds former All-Big Ten receiver Mike Bellamy to its staff.
- Maize 'n Brew previews Nebraska in 2012.
- It might be wishful thinking, but could Minnesota work its way onto Notre Dame's schedule when Michigan comes off?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland