Big Ten lunch links
June, 28, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
- Ohio State adds a very big piece to its 2013 recruiting class in DT Michael Hill. Eleven Warriors explores why the Buckeyes won't go undefeated this fall.
- Michigan State wins the recruiting battle for a two-sport star in Drake Harris. More on Harris' pledge here. Spartans athletic director Mark Hollis weighs in on the new playoff.
- Michigan could replace Notre Dame in 2018-19 with a big name. One-time playoff opponent Dave Brandon is "very pleased" with the new model.
- Penn State's recruiting surge continues with wideout Zach Bradshaw. Mark Wogenrich takes a good look at how Penn State would have fared in a playoff environment.
- Northwestern hopes to hear about receiver Kyle Prater's NCAA waiver application next month.
- Drew Sharp writes that the new playoff won't benefit the Big Ten. The playoff won't end the arguments and debate in college football, Rob Oller writes.
- Wisconsin's latest recruit for 2013 has no trouble being nasty on the field. A look at how the Badgers would have fared in a four-team playoff.
- A closer look at Iowa's football facilities upgrades here and here. Some good Hawkeyes nuggets here. Iowa players are excited about the playoff.
- Purdue's style fit recruit John Strauser, who will become a third-generation Big Ten player.
- Illinois adds former All-Big Ten receiver Mike Bellamy to its staff.
- Maize 'n Brew previews Nebraska in 2012.
- It might be wishful thinking, but could Minnesota work its way onto Notre Dame's schedule when Michigan comes off?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28