Big Ten lunch links
July, 3, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
- When new Iowa offensive coordinator Greg Davis talked about a need for speed, wideout Keenan Davis listened.
- Andy Staples writes that justice must be done at Penn State -- by the courts, not the NCAA. The child sex abuse scandal at PSU is new territory for the NCAA.
- Danny Hope sees "big things" ahead for Purdue in 2012.
- Michigan recruit David Dawson carries his father's memory with him on the field. Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon weighs in on schedule strength and the B1G-Pac-12 partnership.
- Michigan State's assistant pay raises help maintain continuity on Mark Dantonio's staff.
- After landing a pledge from Christian Hackenberg in February, Penn State turns its attention toward a 2014 QB recruit. An interesting piece on ex-Penn State player Shawn Oakman and his life after being dismissed from the team.
- Minnesota needs to create a football-centric culture around the program.
- Indiana's Jake Reed endured a bout with mono this spring and is ready to compete for field time.
- Media members might be allowed to observe the playoff selection committee in action.
- Nebraska beats Penn State for linebacker recruit Marcus Newby. The Huskers will hold fan day Aug. 3.
- Urban Meyer might be building an SEC-caliber defense at Ohio State. Ohio State administrator Pat Chun becomes Florida Atlantic's new athletic director.
- Northwestern's season-ticket sales are on the rise. Check out how Northwestern's new Under Armour unis are coming along.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland