Big Ten lunch links
July, 3, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
- When new Iowa offensive coordinator Greg Davis talked about a need for speed, wideout Keenan Davis listened.
- Andy Staples writes that justice must be done at Penn State -- by the courts, not the NCAA. The child sex abuse scandal at PSU is new territory for the NCAA.
- Danny Hope sees "big things" ahead for Purdue in 2012.
- Michigan recruit David Dawson carries his father's memory with him on the field. Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon weighs in on schedule strength and the B1G-Pac-12 partnership.
- Michigan State's assistant pay raises help maintain continuity on Mark Dantonio's staff.
- After landing a pledge from Christian Hackenberg in February, Penn State turns its attention toward a 2014 QB recruit. An interesting piece on ex-Penn State player Shawn Oakman and his life after being dismissed from the team.
- Minnesota needs to create a football-centric culture around the program.
- Indiana's Jake Reed endured a bout with mono this spring and is ready to compete for field time.
- Media members might be allowed to observe the playoff selection committee in action.
- Nebraska beats Penn State for linebacker recruit Marcus Newby. The Huskers will hold fan day Aug. 3.
- Urban Meyer might be building an SEC-caliber defense at Ohio State. Ohio State administrator Pat Chun becomes Florida Atlantic's new athletic director.
- Northwestern's season-ticket sales are on the rise. Check out how Northwestern's new Under Armour unis are coming along.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38