Big Ten lunch links
July, 9, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Catching you up on what you missed this weekend ...
- For all coverage of The Opening and all the Big Ten prospects in attendance, check out ESPN Recruiting.
- Former Ohio State commit Alex Anzalone makes a pledge to Notre Dame ahead of Penn State and Florida .
- A new book details the full story on Michigan State's path to Big Ten admission and the opposition to it from Michigan.
- Nebraska's defense will need to perform much better against dual-threat quarterbacks in 2012, Sam McKewon writes. At Nebraska, empty seats can quickly put a coach on the hot seat, Steve Sipple writes.
- Defensive back Josh Jones has big plans for himself after committing to Illinois.
- Former Ohio State defensive coordinator Jim Heacock is actually relieved to take a break from the coaching grind.
- Bob Asmussen weighs in on the top five offensive and defensive players in the Big Ten this year.
- Michigan quarterback recruit Shane Morris impersonates Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio. Another Wolverines commit, David Dawson, reaffirms his pledge to the Maize and Blue.
- A great piece from David Jones on why Penn Staters still can love Penn State despite the scandal. Some summertime notes on Penn State.
- Although Wisconsin recruit Darius Latham still can play a little basketball, he knows his future is on the gridiron in Madison.
- Colleague Don Van Natta Jr. reports that sources say the Freeh report will be tough on Joe Paterno. The upcoming report puts Penn State's trustees at a crossroads.
- Former Minnesota star lineman John Williams passes away.
- Which Iowa game do Hawkeyes fans look forward to the most this season? Hawkeyes recruit Greg Garmon is ready for the next step.
- Indiana picks up its third verbal commit for the 2013 class.