Big Ten lunch links
July, 10, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Robinson Cano evidently forgot to eat his links.
- Columbus police say former Ohio State LB Storm Klein threw his ex-girlfriend into a door, while Klein's attorney expects his client to be cleared. A comparison of freshman seasons for Ohio State's last two quarterbacks.
- Bill O'Brien tells the Boston Herald he has no regrets about taking the Penn State job. A look at five Lions defenders you should get to know for 2012.
- Nebraska lands a quarterback prize in 2013 recruit Johnny Stanton. Taylor Martinez's critics provide fuel for the Nebraska quarterback. The Huskers' Bo Pelini is among those coaches under pressure to win now, colleague Travis Haney writes.
- Be sure and vote for your favorite college football games from the 2011 season.
- BTN.com's Tom Dienhart begins his rankings of all the Big Ten games this season.
- Despite the scandal, Penn State's donations are among the highest ever. Penn State braces for the release of the Freeh Report.
- Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez would consider serving on a playoff selection committee.
- Several Big Ten players are among Sporting News' under-the-radar offensive linemen, running backs, linebackers and defensive backs.
- Michigan's next recruit could be a wide receiver from Illinois. Two Wolverines players try to make it in the music business. Michigan has a comprehensive drug testing program for athletes.
- Two former Purdue assistants are adjusting to life in the NFL.
- Former Illinois star receiver Mike Bellamy talks about his return to Champaign.
- Paul Banks previews both Illinois and Purdue in 2012.
- Two former Michigan State coaches will enter the "Ring of Fame" at Spartan Stadium.
- Minnesota regents prepare to vote on alcohol sales during Gophers games at TCF Bank Stadium.
- Defensive lineman Joe Gaglione will have a bigger role for Iowa this season.
- Not a football story, but I love this.