Big Ten lunch links
July, 11, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Happy hump day to all.
- Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde writes that the NCAA should stay away from the Penn State mess. Joe Paterno's family denies claims that the former coach participated in a cover-up. Don Van Natta Jr. writes that the school's trustees are bracing for the release of the Freeh report.
- Despite their suspensions, Jake Stoneburner and Jack Mewhort remain starters on Ohio State's latest depth chart. Eleven Warriors checks in with Phil Steele about Ohio State and other Big Ten topics.
- An early look at Michigan State's big opener against Boise State. Pat Narduzzi bases the Spartans' defense off of what he saw at Miami back in the Canes' glory years.
- Penn State recruit Ross Douglas competed with the best at The Opening.
- Danny Hope thinks Purdue has a lot of momentum on its side.
- The Annarbor.com guys debate whether Michigan can sustain its offensive production. Wolverines recruits show their stuff at The Opening.
- Jon Nyatawa looks at Nebraska's next priorities in recruiting after landing a commit from QB Johnny Stanton. Matt Hinton wonder whether Taylor Martinez can turn around his declining passing numbers. Former Husker Keith Neubert will host a competitive antiquing show on the History Channel.
- Paul Myerberg has an extensive and thorough preview of Northwestern in 2011.
- Indiana is making gradual progress in Kevin Wilson's second year.
- A good Q&A with Wisconsin offensive coordinator Matt Canada.
- Several Big Ten players appear on Athlon's preseason All-America teams. Athlon also ranks the best and worst coaching hires from the offseason.
- Iowa's final recruit in the 2010 class is working out pretty well.
- The big beer vote takes place today in Minnesota regarding Gopher games.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41