Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 19, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
"The Dark Knight Rises" at midnight. Who's in?
- Iowa incoming freshman running back Greg Garmon pleaded guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia and is headed back to campus. No word yet on whether there will be punishment from Kirk Ferentz. Hawkeyes linebacker James Morris wants to make sure he's not a half-step short in any more plays this year.
- David Jones looks at the means in which the NCAA can levy the death penalty. Some alternatives to the death penalty that could apply to Penn State. It's time for schools to reel in their athletic programs, and Penn State should lead the way, Pat Forde writes.
- Former Indiana star George Taliaferro -- the first African-American drafted by the NFL -- reflects on his life and career (subscription required).
- The Big Ten office is on the move to Rosemont.
- Field temperatures that have reached 120 degrees at times can't slow down Wisconsin's conditioning this summer. Maize N Brew previews the 2012 Badgers.
- What Northwestern can expect from Syracuse in its season opener.
- The Washington Post ranks Minnesota No. 80 in its preseason countdown.
- The Cleveland Plain-Dealer's Doug Lesmerises says Braxton Miller will be one of the league's best quarterbacks this season.
- Will Fitz Toussaint reach his bold goal of 1,600 rushing yards this season?
- A backup Michigan State offensive lineman is transferring. An early look at the Spartans-Badgers game on Oct. 27.
- Looking back on the day Nebraska linebacker Julius Jackson became a touchdown machine. Husker quarterback commit Johnny Stanton is a fierce competitor.
- Athlon ranks the Big Ten defensive lines, with Ohio State on top.
- Purdue picked up a defensive lineman from Alabama.
- A summer preview of Illinois.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State